virtual and abstract Members <-- ignore-option

Topics: User Forum
Jan 22, 2007 at 8:44 AM
Hi,

it would be nice if there would be an option in a future release of this Policy which enables us to define that overriden members (from virtual or abstract bases) do not need to be commented.

It's annoying for my developers to comment on members already documented in the base class

Thank you!
Jens
Coordinator
Jan 22, 2007 at 9:17 AM
This discussion has been copied to Work Item 7516. You may wish to continue further discussion there.
Coordinator
Jan 22, 2007 at 1:02 PM
I have implemented a "Check Override Elements" option in the policy. It is on by default (so the default behavior hasn't changed), but when you uncheck it, methods that have the override keyword specified won't be checked any longer.

Currently only in source control.

Chris
Coordinator
Jan 22, 2007 at 2:40 PM
Release 1.3 has this feature enabled. Please download and check to see that it works to your liking.

Note: the Advanced tab in the configuration dialog is currently intentionally empty.

Chris
Jan 22, 2007 at 7:16 PM
Hi Chris,

I'll test that tomorrow when I'm @ work and will report to you if it works as expected. Thank you for the quick implementation.

Jens
Feb 13, 2007 at 3:06 PM
Sorry Chris, I forgott to post my usage-experience. So far it's working, we had no problems with the new feature.

Thank you!
Jens